Saturday, April 30, 2011

Blue Ring Octopus Illustration Level 3


I took the kind advice and played up the sketch lines.  I did remove the lines around most of the spots. They distracted from the gradation of colors.  While I am pleased with how this little peacock turned out, I still don't care to swim with one. For that matter, I may avoid Australia all together.  The blue ring octopus is the size of a golf ball, and has a bite that doesn't hurt much, but will kill you.  Even if you figure out that you were bitten by one, there is no anti-venom.  Each little blue ring has enough toxin to kill 26 people.  The most surprising fact is that people keep these little monsters in tanks.  They are also known to escape from high security tanks.  That's evolution for you.  

My new goal for this blog seems to be scaring everyone else too.  You can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment